Why a Denplan Plan?
What can our Denplan payment plans do for you?
Having Denplan means that you have access to regular private dental care with your dentist and their dental team, helping to keep your teeth and gums healthy now and prevent problems in the future.
But why else should you have a Denplan dental payment plan?
Take a look at some of the other benefits of being with us…
- Preventive oral health advice, to help stop dental problems before they start
- Predictable monthly payments, allowing you to budget for your private dental care
- Worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover (included in all our dental plans as Denplan Supplementary Insurance)
- Regular appointments with your registered member dentist which help you to keep your teeth and gums healthy and find out the best care for your smile
- Access to our 24-hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline when you need it most
Your Denplan check-up?
Here are just a few of the things that your dental team does while you’re in the chair…
- Checks your jaw joints
- Looks at your occlusion (bite)
- Assesses you for infections, including your tongue and gums
- Checks you for oral cancer by feeling for lumps in the jaw, neck and throat
- Records measurements of your gums to assess for gum disease
- Examines your teeth for caries (tooth decay)
- Offers oral health advice, tailored to you
What is included?
Below you’ll find a summary of the benefits and exclusions of our dental payment plans.
Below you’ll find a summary of our payment plans. Your dentist will discuss with you how they will tailor your individual plan to suit you best. For more information about which plans your practice offers speak to one of our dentists.
Please note: none of the following plans cover laboratory fees (to build crowns etc.), prescriptions and referrals.
|Denplan Care||Denplan Essentials||Denplan Hygiene||Denplan for Children||Denplan Membership|
|Preventive dental advice||✓Included||✓Included||✓Included||✓Included||✓Included|
|Check-ups||✓Included||✓Included||✗Excluded||✓Included||Ask your dentist|
|Hygiene treatments||✓Included||Ask your dentist||✓Included||Ask your dentist||Ask your dentist|
|X-rays||✓Included||Ask your dentist||Ask your dentist||✓Included||Ask your dentist|
|Restorative treatment as outlined by your dentist; e.g. fillings, crowns, bridges||✓Included||✗Excluded||✗Excluded||Ask your dentist||✗Excluded|
About the plans and prices
Payment plans are designed to suit your dental needs.
Most Denplan payment plans include Denplan Supplementary Insurance as part of your plan.
This is arranged for you to provide cover towards the cost of dental treatment in an emergency or following a dental injury, and can be used in the UK and abroad.
Your Denplan Supplementary Insurance cover gives you…
- Emergency dental treatment when you are over 40 miles away from your registered Denplan provider*
- Cover for treatment following a dental injury
- Cover for out of hours consultations in the event of a dental injury or dental emergency
- A hospital cash benefit if you are admitted overnight for dental treatment
- Worldwide emergency dental treatment
- Mouth cancer cover up to £12,000.
*When you’re within 40 miles of your registered Denplan provider you should speak to us regarding the emergency dental care agreements in place for you outside of normal surgery hours.
- Dental treatment which was prescribed, planned or taking place at the start of your Denplan Supplementary Insurance
- Emergency dental treatment within 40 miles of us.
- Permanent treatment in a dental emergency that is not pre-authorised by Simplyhealth Professionals
- Dental injury from contact sports unless appropriate mouth protection is used
- Implants (unless you’re registered for Denplan Implant upgrade cover), cosmetic treatment or any treatment not deemed to be clinically necessary
- Mouth cancer diagnosed, or where consultation and tests commenced, before or within 90 days of beginning your Denplan payment plan.
Denplan Implant Cover
For added peace of mind.
Our Denplan Implant Upgrade Cover provides payment or reimbursement towards dental implants in the event of a dental injury resulting in tooth loss (from an external blow to the mouth), and can be added to your Denplan payment plan:
If you’re already a Denplan patient, you can apply for our Denplan Implant Upgrade Cover by speaking to your Dentist or our Denplan Specialist.
So, what is a dental implant?
A dental implant consists of a metal screw (often titanium), that is inserted into the gum and jaw bone, then topped with a crown or bridge. Implants are often used when the root of a tooth fails or is killed due to infection or injury.
If cared for properly, implants can last as long as natural teeth. They look and feel the same, allowing you to eat, drink and smile with confidence. Read more about Dental Implants here.
Why should I add Denplan Implant Upgrade Cover to my current dental payment plan?
Your current payment plan may include routine dental care, such as your regular check-ups and possibly other treatments, such as fillings and crowns. If you have a dental injury and lose a tooth as the result of this, your dentist may not be able to restore your teeth using the treatments covered by your current plan.
However, with Denplan Implant Upgrade, you can rest assured that if you do lose a tooth due to a dental injury*, you will have cover in place should your dentist feel an implant is clinically necessary.
Denplan Implant Upgrade Cover does not provide for;
- Implant placement where the dental injury occurred prior to, or within 28 days of, the cover start date
- Placement of an implant into a pre-existing gap or where the dentist determines it is not clinically appropriate
- Replacement following the failure of an implant to integrate
- Implant treatment which was prescribed, planned or was taking place at the commencement date of the Denplan Implant Upgrade Cover
How do I apply?
Speak to your Dentist or our Denplan Specialist.
Your Fees Explained
Why might my fees change?
We may review their fees from time to time, in line with business costs, professional regulations and inflation.
Your fees can also increase in relation to the amount of treatment you need over a period of time, as they are designed to reflect your oral health needs.
The best way to find out why your fees have changed is to speak to your dentist or our Denplan Specialist. They will be able to talk you through your plan and ensure that the care you are receiving is the best option for you.
Who collects my payments?
Denplan will deal with the administration of your plan including collecting your Denplan fees. This saves us time on paperwork and administration, leaving us free to give you the best possible dental care.
Why do I pay extra for specialist/referral treatment?
At some point, you may need to be seen by a specialist for treatment, such as an orthodontist or oral surgery expert. A specialist treatment is not a part of your regular care.
Does claiming on my Denplan Supplementary Insurance affect my fee?
Making a claim on your Denplan Supplementary Insurance that is included in your payment plan doesn’t affect your payments.
However, if your oral health changes as the result of a dental injury, you may need an increased level of care in the future, and your dentist may review your fee.
What are the benefits of a Denplan payment plan?
- Attending regular check-ups can help to prevent intrusive dental treatment in the future
- You’ll receive access to our 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline
- You have cover in place for up to £10,000 worth of treatment following a dental injury
- You can spread the cost of your dental care
- You’re unlikely to receive any unexpected dental bills
- You have access to a Denplan provider of your choice
How do i sign up?